An English-language monthly started from Qadian
during the life of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad
. It was quite regular and established in its time. It still continues today, but a shadow of its very early success.
Issues frm 1905
- The cause of death of Maulvi Abdul Kareem is mentioned.
- They wrote that Dr. Griswold wrote an accurate review of the claims of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.
- Abdul Hakim, "APOSTATE", the person in correspondence with whom all Muslims were declared 'kafir' was an Ahmadi at the time and wrote a commentary of the Quran and had it published. It was 900 pages long.
- Earthquakes were 'predicted'as far back as 1880--1883.
Issues frm 1914-15
These might not be generally available (thanks to Rationalist for the great work in trying to retrieve them).
These PDF files are 2-6 MB in size. Two things are apparent:
April 1914May to July 1914 August to November 1914 January to May 1915 May to December 1915
- Right from April 1914, the focus is on the 'prophecies' of Ahmad (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad), and he is referred to as a 'prophet' as in prophesier.
- Later on, we can see that his rank among 'prophets' is being discussed. Here the meaning of 'prophet' is not prophesier, but messenger.
- Most importantly, we have an article that goes to great lenghts to prove that Mirza Mahmud Ahmad was the Musleh Maud (Promised Reformer). This is 1914-15 period, at least a couple of decades before the official version of the Qadiani Ahmadiyya position him as making this claim.