Qadiani Archives Repository - a collection of documents and history about the Qadiani Ahmadiyya cult. This is information that the Ahmadiyya will not, or cannot, make public.
Scholarly Work on Ahmadiyya
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad - The Mehdi Messiah of Qadian, by Rev. Hervey DeWitt Griswold (1902)
- The Ahmadiya Movement (PDF, 408 KB), by Hervey DeWitt Griswold (1912)
- The Messiah of Qadian (PDF, 1MB), by Hervey DeWitt Griswold (1905)
- Modern Religious Movements in India (Extract), by J. N. Farquhar, Calcutta, India, 1920
- The Ahmadiya Movement, by H. A. Walter, "Religious Life of India Series" (1918)
- The Ahmadiya Movement To-day (PDF, 714 KB), by H. A. Walter (1916)
- Prophecy Continuous by Yohanan Friedmann
- Ahmadiyyah Movement - A History and Perspective, by Spencer Lavan (Manohar Books, out of print) - Link to PDF
- Ahmadiyah Movement - Past and Present by Spencer Lavan, Tufts University, 1976
- Ahmadiyyah - A Study in Contemporary Islam on the West African Coast by Humphrey J. Fisher, 1963
- The Ahmadiyya Movement in Nigeria by Humphrey J. Fisher, 1961
- Ahmadiyyat in Pakistan by S. E. Brush
- The Ahmadis of Islam: A Mormon Encounter and Perspective by Garth N. Jones
- The Concept of Evolution in Ahmadiyyah Thought by Humphrey J. Fisher, 1959
- Towards the Definition of a Muslim in an Islamic State: The Case of the Ahmadiyya in Pakistan by Charles H. Kennedy Link to PDF
- Mirza Ghulam Ahmad's Obituary in The Times, 17 June 1908.
- Dynamics of Marriage Distances among the Ahmadiyyas, by Lalit Kumar Kashyap
- Recognizing the Messiah, by Nuzhat J. Haneef
- The Ahmadiyya Jama'at: History, Belief, Practice (Columbia/Hurst), by Simon Ross Valentine. ISBN 9780231700948 http://www.amazon.com/dp/0231700946/
- Proselytizing through Print: The Ahmadiyya from 1880-1908 by Shazia Ahmad
- The Ahmadiyya Defined: Colonial Constructions of ‘Sect’ and ‘Community’ in the Punjab, 1881 to 1924 by Shazia Ahmad
- Moral Languages from Colonial Punjab: The Singh Sabha, Arya Samaj and Ahmadiyah by Bob van der Linden (2008)
- Seal of the Saints by Michel Chodkiewicz English, French, Arabic,
- Qadianism: a Critical Study by Syed Abdul Hasan Ali Nadvi, 1967
- Rauzabal and other mysteries of Kashmir, by Mohammad Yasin, Srinagar, Kesar Publishers, 1972.
- African American Islam by Aminah Beverly McCloud
- The Indian Musalmans, by W.W. Hunter, Third Edition, 1876 PDF Link
The purpose of this web site is to collect the history and documents about the Ahmadiyya cult and present them in an organized way. There is a huge corpus of work about the Ahmadiyya out there that the Ahmadiyya will not make accessible, and most of their followers do not even know their own history or secret publications. This reference should provide information to researchers and members of the Ahmadiyya community who have not seen this information or understood its context through Ahmadiyya sources.
The modern Ahmadiyya has ended up as a cult that has gone through many phases in its history. Their existence depends on a denial of history, and the maintenance of a mythical narrative of their beliefs, their founder's work, and the statements of various of its leaders. With a century of history behind them, it is time for their remarkable history to be put into perspective.
For general information about cult-watching groups, please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult-watching_group