Abdul Ghaffar Janba
Abdul Ghaffar Janba is a self-declared reformer within the Qadiani Ahmadiyya. Some aspects of his dissenting approach are unique:
- He does have a functioning organization as of 2010: Ahmadiyya Reform Movement
- His has created a branch of the Ahmadiyya theology:
- Claims Divine revelation and inspiration
- Claims to be the 'Promised Reformer'
- Argues in a rhetorical style, with occasional circular logic, that is very similar to early Ahmadiyya Leaders
Another curious aspect of his thinking is his focus on the words, instead of the people and the thoughts behind them. For example, he does not like Mirza Tahir Ahmad, the fourth head, yet he quotes his poems and says that certain words in a certain poem prophesied about him. In other words, the author of the poem became a passive vehicle for the transmission of the prophecy despite being a 'bad' person. This is a twist on the theology of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.