The author lost a debate with Abdullah Atham and had prophecied the death of Abdullah Atham within a prescribed time in the early 1890s, which did not occur. This book is published right after Atham's natural death as a sort of celebration of the increasingly incredulous prophecies and advertisements that had obsessed the author during the 1890s.
He calls, by name, Christian priests and Islamic scholars to a final mubahila (prayer duel) and when asked about the previous such event with Abdul Haq Ghaznavi, resorts to vicious and vile attacks. He also re-iterates his pre-claim position on prophethood and the third wife who never was.
As with most of his books in the 1890s, the same themes dominate: Batalvi, Ghaznavi, Jesus, Muhammadi Begum, Atham and Lekhram.
- pp 1 33- : Polemical question/answers:
- Murder attempts were made on Atham and the author says that since Atham did not go to the police, he was afraid from inside. Muhammad Hussain Batalvi said that since Atham openly declared the attempts to be orchestrated by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the latter should have filed a criminal complaint against him.
- People left MGA when he prophecied the death of Atham. MGA responds with saying that Jesus promised to restore the throne of David but did not. He uses very aggressive language but with the caveat that he is talking about the 'Jesus who claimed to be God and not the Jesus of the Quran'.
- In addition to attacking Atham, he attacks Christians in general and says:
- Sadly this was the first instance to determine the integrity of the Christians but none of them cared for the truth. Even the editor of the Civil and Military Gazette, who claimed to be unbiased and straightforward, told a dirty lie on this occasion. I am not sad about Hasam-ud-Din as these people who join the ranks of the Padres (priests) are usually puppets of lies and insects who feed on filth. They have no natural shame nor fear of God.
- Gloating over Atham's death –
- See how today the reality of the prophecy has been laid out. Didn't all of them die today who put Atham on a vehicle and paraded him through the streets of Amritsar? Hasn't it been proven today that all their happiness was false?
- In response to a question from Shuhna Hind paper in Meerath (1 September 1896) about MGA claiming to be a prophet:
- How can a person who believes in the Quran . . . that I am a prophet or messenger after Muhammad(saw). . . . I have never claimed in real terms to be a prophet or messenger; and using a word in its non-real meaning, and using its dictionary meaning in normal conversation does not obligate 'kufr'. However, I don't even like that as there is a chance that common Muslims will be deceived by it. But I cannot hide the conversation of God to me that frequently uses the words of prophet and messenger, as I am an appointed one. I repeatedly say that the word 'mursal' (messenger) or 'rasool' or 'nabi' (prophet) used for me in those revelations is not used in its real sense (common usage) – and the real truth to which I bear solemn witness is that our Prophet Muhammad(saw) is the 'khatam-ul-anbiyaa' and no prophet will come after him – old or new. . . . Sometimes, the revelations of God, some words are used about some of His friends (saints) in allegory and similitude, and are not based on fact. The whole quarrel which foolish and biased (people) have dragged in a different direction: the name of the coming promised messiah stated from the blessed tongue of Muhammad(saw) as quoted in Sahih Muslim etc. - i.e. prophet of Allah - is in the spirit of the same accepted allegorical usage in the books of Sufis (reference to ibn Arabi) and a common idiom for communication with God. Otherwise, what prophet after the Khatam-al-Anbiya (Last Prophet).
- Best way to resolve this is by way of Mubahila (prayer duel) and invites Fateh Maseeh by name.
- pp 34-44: A good way for the priests of Punjab and India to solve the issue
- Cartoon of Trinity
- MGA invites one of the following Christian priests: Dr. Martin Clark, Imad-ud-Din, Thakar Das, Hasam-ud-Din, Safdar Ali Bhandara, Thomas Howell, or Fateh Maseeh
- Christians eat pigeons with relish although the pigeon is their God (Holy Spirit). Hindus are better as they do not eat their God, the bull.
- Offers to gather in a field (Mubahila) and let the wrath of God descend on the person opposite. Offers 10,000 rupees (3,000 advance) in case nothing happens to the opposite person within one year.
- Challenge of Mubahila to Muslim scholars
- Declares Nazir Hussain of Delhi to be the originator of the declaration of 'kufr' against MGA
- pp. 51-62 : samples of Arabic revelations from God
- My claim is based on two aspects: Quran/Hadith and my revelations. You have not accepted Quran/Hadith, now let us come to the challenge of my revelations. This is how it will work: I will write down all these Arabic revelations on a paper and come to a field and pray God to kill me or send a terminal disease in one year if these revelations are fake, as I do not want to misguide people.
- pp. 69-72 and 283: Names of Islamic scholars invited. See Contemporary Muslim Scholars
- pp. 73-282: Arabic with Persian translation
- pp. 283-284: Arabic rejoinder to the editor of the Civil and Military Gazette
- Appendix: Atham and the prophecy (in response to Fateh Maseeh:
- If any of the prophecies of Jesus, the dead god of Christians, is proven to be equal in weight to this (Atham's death) prophecy, I will pay any sort of fine. What were the prophecies of that helpless person? Only this that earthquakes and droughts will happen and there will be battles? May God's curse be on those minds who took these prophecies as evidence of his divinity and made a dead person their god. Don't earthquakes happen all the time? and droughts occur all the time? Isn't there some war going on somewhere all the time? Then why did this foolish Israeli (Jesus was of the progeny of the Biblical Israel) term these normal occurrences as prophecies? Only because the Jews were after him? When they asked for a miracle, Jesus replied that these adulterous and promiscuous people ask me for a miracle . . . see how Jesus sidetracked them . . . now someone would have to be adulterous and promiscuous to ask for a miracle . . .
- the author then goes on to describe the low moral character of Jesus (lying and relationship with prostitutes and being the offspring of prostitutes, etc.) and then ends by saying, 'Quran does not mention anything about Jesus' life' and had Fateh Maseeh not insulted Muhammad(saw), he would not have insulted Jesus.
- pp. 299-301: advertisement about a conference in Town Hall, Lahore, where the author's paper will be read.
- pp. 307-308: Maulvi Sanaullah Amritsari has said, after my current call to Mubahila, 'what happened to your Mubahila with Abdul Haq Ghaznavi?
- If, by these words, Maulvi Sanaullah means that as the Christians, after the duration of the (Atham) prophecy, made a lot of noise in Amritsar and the unclean group of Christians were dancing in the street like courtesans; and all priests and their like-minded maulvis and some filthy-natured newspapermen were all abusing me and calling me all sorts of things – that all this was the effect of the Abdul Haq mubahila? . . . . so all that show of happiness that the filthy and lewd people had over Atham, the same happiness is now turned to shame and disappointment. Now find him – where is Atham? Is he not in his grave as a result of the prophecy? Has he not been dropped into Hawia (hell)? . . . . the second matter that raised my respect after the said Mubahila (with Abdul Haq) are the pamphlets that I wrote in Arabic . . . (see Plagiarism for a discussion of the author's Arabic books). . . . the sixth matter that was the cause of my respect and embarrassment for Abdul Haq after the mubahila was that Abdul Haq advertised that he will have a son . . . I have been blessed by a son as prophecied . . . (see elsewhere for MGA's failed prophecies of sons) . . . and Abdul Haq should be asked where is the son that was the blessing of the mubahila? Did he dissolved inside the womb, or regressed back into sperm?
- pp. 320-324: Letter from Ghulam Fareed of Chachran Sharif
- pp. 324-328:
- Shaikh Ali Hamza bin Ali Malik Al-Toosi, in his book Jawahir-al-Israr published in 840 A.H. writes this about the Promised Mahdi: '(Farsi) It is in Arbaeen that the Mahdi will merge from Kad'ah. (Arabic - Hadith): Said the Prophet (saw): the Mahdi will arise from a village known as Kad'ah and Allah the Exalted will verify him and will gather his companions from the far reaches of the land – on the number of those of Badr, 313 men – and with him will be a written book (or printed) in which will be the numbers of his companions with their names, places and occupations.'
- The author then goes on to print the names of these 313, at least one of which is duplicate and a few are ambiguous and many are already dead at the time of this writing. You can view the list here.
- Remember that the second part of this prophecy (about Muhammadi Begum's husband) is not fulfilled then I will stand as the worst of the worst. O stupid people, it is not the fabrication of man, not the business of an evil forger. Surely know that this is the true promise of God – the same God whose words cannot be circumvented – the same Lord of Glory whose intent no one can stop. You have lost the knowledge of His ways and methods, and that is why you faced this tribulation. In Braheen-e-Ahmadiyya 17 years ago, there was an indication of this prophecy and it is the revelation on page 496 of the book: 'O Adam abide you and your spouse in the garden; O Maryam abide you and yourspouse in the garden; O Ahmad abide you and your spouse in the garden.' The word spouse is mentioned three times and I was named in three ways: the first name was Adam when Allah the Exalted gave me a spiritual form with His own hand, and the first wife was mentioned at that time. Then he named me Maryam at the time of the second wife as I was given blessed children at the time who resembled the Messiah and, also, I had to face many tribulations at the time just as Mary was put into trial with the bad assumptions of the Jews at the time of the birth of Eesa(as). And now the third wife is awaited and the word 'Ahmad' has been associated with it and this word is an indication that there will be praise and adulation in this time. This is a hidden prediction whose secret God has opened upon me now. Thus this mention of 'spouse' with three different names points to this prophecy.
- (MGA never married the third time, and had to suffer humiliation because of his pursuit of Muhammadi Begum even when she was married to someone else).
- I hear with sadness that this Ghaznavi group that is maligning Islam and who live in Amritsar are saying to people that: the unfortunate Muhammad Saeed of Delhi who left my following and his brother Kabeer who died in Maleer Kotla in December 1896 are the effect of the mubahilawith Abdul Haq. Now Muslims – see what Satanic fabrications this are being employed by these dark-hearted group of Ghaznavi's followers.
- p. 344:
- Now Abdul Haq Ghaznavi should eat something and kill himself that God is showing my respect to hundreds of thousands of people, and which is humiliation for him. The filthy person should think whether this is the effect of the mubahila? or that his (AHG) brother should die and he should take over control of his old wife as the sign of success in the mubahila.